Submissions to Issue 8 are currently open until midnight EST, March 7th.
We are now offering short story/first chapter editorial reviews that provide a thorough analysis of both big-picture developmental elements and your use of language for only $35 CAD. Further details on Submittable.
Author Rights and Payment
All submissions must be unpublished. Authors retain all rights. Simultaneous submissions are fine, just let us know right away if accepted elsewhere.
We are unable to pay writers in cash at the present time because running a literary magazine is immensely difficult financially (help us out–-subscribe, or buy an issue!), however, every contributor accepted for publication will receive a print copy of the magazine. We are extremely loyal to our contributors and love building supportive relationships with them in their careers.
There is no fee to submit to Into the Void, but we strongly recommend you read an issue before submitting. A one year subscription of unlimited online access is only $11.99 CAD; a print issue is $10 CAD; and a digital copy is $5 CAD–all are jam-packed with literature and visual art we are totally infatuated with.
- Submissions are read blind; do not include any identifying information in your submission document, document title, or the title in the Submittable form.
- You may submit up to 1 short story, 2 creative nonfictions, 3 flash fictions, 4 poems, or 12 images. Please submit to only one of these categories per reading period, unless you are submitting via the Tip Jar, in which case there is no limit to how many times you may submit and how many categories you may submit to. Similarly, article submissions and book and film reviews may be submitted to in conjunction with the above categories.
- Please follow standard manuscript format. For prose, double-spaced Times New Roman in 12-point, poetry single-spaced (unless specific formatting required).
- Please follow us on Facebook, as the more followers we have, the bigger an audience you as a contributor will have upon acceptance. Facebook is where we will post all our updates and more.
- You can expect to hear back from us within approximately 6 weeks.
- If withdrawing a single piece from a multiple-piece submission, please leave a note in Submittable rather than withdrawing the whole thing and resubmitting, because that uses up our monthly free submissions limit.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.